By indicating your acceptance of these terms and conditions, you ("Subscriber") acknowledge and agree to be bound by the provisions of this agreement for the use of features and services provided to you on this site, ("services") provided by Parlor.me, Inc. If you are not willing to be bound by these terms and conditions do not use any of the applications, products or services provided by Parlor.me, Inc. By using any of Parlor’s services, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
In response to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") we require that subscriber be at least 18 years old to use Parlor's services.
GRANT OF RIGHTS TO USE SERVICES
- Effective upon acceptance of this Agreement, Parlor hereby grants to Subscriber a personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to access and use the Services (as defined below), for Subscriber's non-commercial use.
- Subscriber shall have no right to sell, resell, reproduce, duplicate, copy, distribute, create derivative works or exploit for commercial purposes, any portion of the Services, access to the Services, or use of the Services nor make any claim that it does have such right.
- The services provided by Parlor hereunder may allow Subscriber to perform various online messaging and communications functions (collectively, the "Services"). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features provided by Parlor that augment or enhance the current Services shall also constitute "Services" and shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
NO 911 OR EMERGENCY SERVICE
You acknowledge and understand that Parlor does NOT currently allow you to access any 911 or similar emergency services (no traditional 911, E911, or similar access to emergency services). You should always have an alternative means of accessing 911 or similar emergency services. Please inform others who use your Parlor service and devices used to access Parlor that they must access these numbers directly through a traditional landline or mobile phone. Parlor is not intended to replace your primary phone service, such as traditional landline or mobile phone.
ACCEPTABLE USE OF SERVICE
You shall not transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including but not limited to any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law. Parlor reserves the right to immediately, and without notice, terminate, or otherwise discontinue, your Account in the event it determines that you have violated any such law or regulation, or any term or condition of this Agreement. In order to combat harassing or illegal conduct, including fraud, Parlor may monitor customer’s activities.
PARLOR'S PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
- As between the parties, Parlor shall retain all right, title and interest to the Services including all copyrights, trademarks, patents and all other intellectual property rights thereto, including without limitation with respect to all technology and telephone numbers used in connection with or provided as part of the Services.
- Subscriber may not, nor allow any third party to, copy, distribute, sell, disclose, lend, transfer, convey, modify, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Services for any purpose whatsoever. Subscriber may not allow any third party to access the Services for any purpose whatsoever.
- The copyright notices and other proprietary legends shall not be removed from the Services and no right to use any trademark is granted under this Agreement.
- Subscriber may not grant any sublicense, lease or other right in the Services to any third party. All rights not expressly granted under this Agreement are retained by Parlor.
- Subscriber agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete data to Parlor upon signing up for the Services and at subsequent times as requested by Parlor.
- If Subscriber provides data that is, or that Parlor suspects to be, false, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Parlor has the right to suspend or terminate Services and refuse any and all current or future use of all Services, or any portion thereof.
- Subscriber registration data will not be provided to third parties, unless required by law, or in the event Subscriber grants Parlor the right to provide that information.
- Subscriber shall maintain and promptly update the registration data as applicable.
- Upon completion of all registration information and acceptance of this Agreement, Subscriber will receive a PIN and/or telephone number, password, or a user ID, and when applicable.
- Subscriber is solely responsible for the maintaining the confidentiality of Subscriber's password and PIN, and will be responsible for all transactions and activities that occur as a result of Subscriber's disclosure of such password and/or PIN, whether or not such transactions and/or activities were authorized by Subscriber.
- Subscriber shall not give account information to third parties and shall at all times be responsible and liable for any transactions or activities that occur on Subscriber's account.
- Subscriber shall immediately notify Parlor if any unauthorized use of Subscriber's account has occurred or of any other breach of security.
- Subscriber agrees that the Parlor Services are for personal use and agrees to enter forwarding telephone numbers that are controlled by or under the common control of that Subscriber. If Parlor finds forwarding telephone information that Parlor suspects to be, false, inaccurate, not current or otherwise not under the control of Subscriber, Parlor has the right to suspend or terminate Services and refuse any and all current or future use of all Services, or any portion thereof.
- Subscriber is responsible for maintaining a current and operational email address and for reading email from Parlor so that we can notify you of updates to Parlor's service and any customer account information.
- The Parlor Services are for personal, non-commercial usage. Parlor reserves the right to immediately disconnect or modify a Subscriber's Service if Parlor determines, in its sole discretion, that Subscriber's use of the Service is, or at any time was, inconsistent with normal personal, non-commercial usage patterns.
- Any free services provided by of Parlor that involve creating a unique account are personal to the Subscriber and a Subscriber is only allowed one free Parlor account. If Parlor determines, in its sole discretion, that multiple free accounts have been created by a single Subscriber, Parlor reserves the right to immediately disconnect or modify any or all of Subscriber's accounts.
- To maintain or improve the Services, to prevent fraud, or for any other reason determined by Parlor, its sole discretion, Parlor may restrict, suspend, terminate or modify Subscriber's service with or without notice.
- Upon any termination in accordance with the foregoing, Parlor may immediately deactivate or delete Subscriber's account and all related information and files in Subscriber's account, reassign any telephone numbers associated with the account, and/or bar any further access to such files, information, or the Services.
- Parlor shall not be liable to Subscriber or any third party for any reason for terminating this Agreement or access to Services or for modifying this Agreement and/or the Services.
- Outbound calling credit purchased by Subscriber will remain effective and shall not expire for so long as Subscriber's account is active and in good standing, as determined by Parlor in its sole discretion.
- Parlor requires no contract and voluntary cancellation is expressly permitted. UNUSED MINUTES AND/OR UNUSED TIME IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
- As fees for recurring subscription plan are assessed at the beginning of each billing period, you may cancel a recurring subscription plan by notifying Parlor, Inc. no later than five (5) business days before the end of your billing period. After cancellations, you may continue to use your subscription until the end of its billing period when it will expire.
- THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND PARLOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY SIMILAR WARRANTY WHETHER SAID WARRANTY ARISES UNDER PROVISIONS OF ANY LAW OF THE UNITED STATES OR ANY STATE THEREOF. PARLOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF RIGHTFUL CLAIMS OF ANY THIRD PARTY FOR INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. THE ENTIRE RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE BORNE SOLELY BY SUBSCRIBER.
- PARLOR MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET SUBSCRIBER'S REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. PARLOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MESSAGES OR INFORMATION LOST OR MISDIRECTED DUE TO INTERRUPTIONS OR FLUCTUATIONS IN THE SERVICES OR THE INTERNET IN GENERAL.
- PARLOR DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY DATA OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED OR ACQUIRED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES. SUBSCRIBER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ANY DATA OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED OR ACQUIRED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES ARE AT SUBSCRIBER'S SOLE RISK AND DISCRETION AND PARLOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO SUBSCRIBER OR SUBSCRIBER'S PROPERTY.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY SUBSCRIBER FROM PARLOR, IT'S EMPLOYEES, OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO CERTAIN OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO SUBSCRIBER.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL PARLOR BE LIABLE TO SUBSCRIBER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, WARRANTY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY. PARLOR'S LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY SUBSCRIBER FOR THE SERVICES, IF ANY. The limitation of liability reflects the allocation of risk between the parties. The limitations specified in this Section will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified in this Agreement is found to have failed of its essential purpose. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, SO CERTAIN OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO SUBSCRIBER.
Subscriber shall indemnify and hold harmless Parlor, its subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, distributors and agents from and against all liabilities, losses, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), and damages resulting from any negligent acts, omissions or willful misconduct by Subscriber, Subscriber's use of the Services and/or any breach of the terms and conditions of this Agreement by Subscriber.
Parlor makes no representation that materials on its web site(s) are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Subscriber agrees to comply with all applicable foreign and domestic laws, rules and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from or imported to the United States or the country in which Subscriber resides.
MODIFICATION TO SERVICES
- During the term of this Agreement, Parlor may modify or discontinue the Services at any time and with or without notice to Subscriber.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Parlor may, from time to time, with or without notice and at its sole discretion, establish or change various practices, limitations and restrictions for administering such Services, including without limitation: (a) how often all or a part of the Services or account may be accessed; (b) the duration of any access; (c) the maximum number of days that messages or postings will be retained; (d) the maximum number of messages or postings allowed; (e) the size and nature messages and postings; (f) the maximum storage space available for an account; (g) any other matter related to the administration of the Services; and (h) the individual product plans, product packages, features and associated pricing.
- Subscriber agrees that Parlor shall not be responsible or liable in any way for deactivation or deletion of accounts or for loss of emails, voice mails, communications, postings, data or information as a result of, or arising out of, administration of the Services, whether or not Subscriber is given prior notice thereof.
- Parlor may delete accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time as determined by Parlor in its sole discretion.
- Parlor may delete pending accounts that have not yet been validated by Subscriber after a period of time as determined by Parlor in its sole discretion.
- Parlor shall not be liable to the Subscriber or any third party for any reason for Parlor modifying or terminating the Services, in whole or in part.
- Subscriber is responsible for creating a back-up copy of any important or critical information that is stored on the Services. Parlor shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any information or data loss in connection with the Services.
MODIFICATION TO AGREEMENT
Parlor reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this Agreement, by posting a revised version of the Agreement at Terms of Service or its successor site.
- Use of the Services signifies Subscriber's agreement to all terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced herein. Continued use of any part of the Services following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes, and all changes shall thereupon become binding upon the Subscriber.
- If Subscriber does not agree to the changes, Subscriber shall immediately cease all use of the Services.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Subscriber shall be solely liable for any transmissions sent through the Service. Parlor has no control over the content of any transmission nor will it be liable for such content.
- Parlor has the right to restrict termination to any telephone numbers in its sole discretion. These may include, but are not limited to certain geographic locations, special services numbers, satellite telephony services, and other call forwarding services.
- Subscriber shall not use the Services to create or distribute any images, sounds, messages or other materials, which are obscene, harassing, racist, malicious, fraudulent infringing or libelous, nor use the Services for any activity that may be considered or are unethical, immoral, violative of any third party's rights, or illegal.
- Further, Subscriber will abide by all rules, regulations, procedures and policies of Parlor and any policies of the networks connected to the Services.
Subscriber agrees to abide by all applicable local, state, national, foreign and international laws and regulations and is solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under Subscriber's account or password, including the content of Subscriber's transmissions through the Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, Subscriber agrees not to:
- Use the Service in connection with chain letters, junk email, voice mail, faxes, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Create a false identity or forged email address or header, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of the message;
- Transmit through the Service unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature;
- Transmit any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including trademark, copyright or right of publicity;
- Transmit any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs;
- Violate any U.S. or foreign law regarding the transmission of technical data or software exported through the Service;
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Service or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means;
- Interfere with another member's use and enjoyment of the Service or another entity's use and enjoyment of similar services.
- Unlimited accounts are for normal personal usage only. Types of usage that are not considered normal personal and are prohibited include; commercial and/or business. If your account has been flagged for any of the above, then your account will be defined and considered a commercial usage account. Once your allotted minutes have been used you will be unable to make calls unless you make any new purchase or when your subscription auto-renews. We reserve the right to permanently ban any accounts we deem to violate our terms of service.
Parlor provides a function that allows Subscriber to record individual telephone conversations. The laws regarding the notice and notification requirements of such recorded conversations vary by state to state. Subscriber is responsible for applying the local laws in the relevant jurisdiction when using this feature.
COMMUNICATIONS WITH PARLOR
Subscriber may provide information, including but not limited to feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, plans and ideas to Parlor. Such information shall be deemed non-confidential and Parlor assumes no obligation to protect such information from disclosure. The submission of such information to Parlor shall in no way prevent the purchase, manufacture, or use of similar products, services, plans and ideas by Parlor for any purpose whatever. Parlor shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute such information to others without restriction. Subscribers shall have no recourse against Parlor for alleged infringement or misappropriation in connection with any information or materials submitted to Parlor hereunder.
Subscriber may be required to pay monthly subscription charges, enhanced service charges, and/or usage charges in connection with the Services, as stated by Parlor. There may be additional fees if Subscriber requests a change in any Services. Depending upon the level of Services selected by Subscriber, there may be charges for calls to or from certain locations, including without limitation payphones, calls placed, and areas within extended calling zones. There may also be applicable taxes, surcharges, assessments, government fees and charges for any special or enhanced services Subscriber uses. Any of the foregoing may be billed to Subscriber when they reach a limit as Parlor determines at its sole discretion.
Parlor will charge Subscriber the rates in effect under Subscriber's subscription plan, plus any enhanced service charges at the time of subscription, as such rates may be updated by Parlor from time to time. Some charges (such as, but not limited to, surcharges) may accumulate in Subscriber's account before Subscriber is charged for such amounts, or such amounts may be charged to Subscriber as assessed. If Subscriber has enrolled in a then-current subscription plan and chooses to change the plan, and if there are one or more days remaining on Subscriber's current subscription, Subscriber will be credited for those days in the calculation of Subscriber's charges. Subscriber's billing cycle starts on the day the subscription purchase is successfully processed. If there is a change in subscription plan, there may be a resulting change in Subscriber's billing date.
Users may purchase prepaid credits to be used for Parlor services as described on the Website. Parlor will not offer any refunds or reimbursements for the purchase price of such prepayments. Unused balances shall expire six (6) months from the most recent date of use, and may not be transferred. Usage of minutes is billed in one minute increments. Minutes are deducted for inbound calls and per minute charges shall accrue for outbound calls. Prepaid credits are billed at the time of purchase. If Subscriber selects "Auto-Recharge", such credits are automatically purchased and charged to Subscriber when the available balance reaches a threshold, determined by Parlor in its sole discretion.
A maintenance, storage, connection or any other daily, weekly or monthly or per call fee may be deducted from your pin or plan, and result in a lower available balance. These fees are to maintain the account including service, and any recordings that you may save. If you have less than $1 remaining balance, you will only be deducted whatever you have left on your PIN. If your card is depleted and no longer has a balance, we do not bill you in any way, nor do we charge your credit card.
Parlor's rates are listed on its Website and are incorporated by reference herein. You are responsible for checking all applicable rates/promotions before making or excepting any calls using our service.
There is a 90-cent surcharge assessed on calls made from the following locations: (1) Payphones, (2)Hotels, (3)Dormitories, (4) Hospitals, and (5) Other commercial phone lines. This surcharge covers charges imposed by the Federal Communications Commission to compensate owners for the use of their facilities to originate a phone call. Although a high percentage of callers do not complete their payphone calls (they hang up before entering a destination number), Parlor is still charged by the payphone operator for the toll free call. Parlor has included the average cost of these incomplete calls in this fee.
If Subscriber changes Subscriber's Services from a billed plan to a free plan, Subscriber will be billed through the end of the billing cycle in which such a change is made.
Subscriber agrees that all payments will be made to Parlor via credit or debit card, issued by a US bank, including MasterCard, VISA, AmericanExpress, or Discover. Parlor may change the credit cards accepted at any time, at its sole discretion. Subscriber's name and address as it appears on Subscriber's Parlor account must also be on the credit account from which Payment is made. If Subscriber provides a credit card number that Parlor accepts for payment of Subscriber's monthly bills, Subscriber is authorizing Parlor to charge the amounts Subscriber owes, then or later, to that credit card account and to demand immediate payment from the card issuer. Subscriber also agrees to pay, under the terms of Subscriber's agreement with the card's issuer, the amounts charged to Subscriber's credit card. Every time Subscriber uses Parlor Services, Subscriber re-affirms that Parlor is authorized to charge Subscriber's card. Subscriber agrees to authorize Parlor to charge purchases made online to the credit card account supplied to Parlor when the subscription was initiated, or the card that Parlor has on file when the purchase is made. Subscriber agrees to pay all costs and expenses, including without limitation attorney's fees, incurred by Parlor to collect any monies due under terms of this Agreement.
You must notify Parlor by e-mail of any disputed charges within thirty (30) days of the charge being posted to your Account. Parlor will attempt to resolve all disputes within thirty (30) days of being notified of a dispute. To the extent Parlor determines, at its sole discretion, that a billing adjustment is warranted, your Account will be credited accordingly. If you fail to notify Parlor of a billing dispute as noted above, you will waive all rights to bring any claim regarding the disputed charges.
Parlor recognizes that the person whose name is listed on the Account is the sole owner of the Account, even where payment on the Account is made using the credit card of a parent or other person.
- This Agreement, including any documents incorporated herein by reference, merges all prior written and oral communications and defines the entire agreement of the parties concerning the Services.
- In the event any portion of this Agreement shall be held illegal, void, or ineffective, the remaining portions hereof shall remain in full force and effect and such illegal, void or ineffective provisions shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties.
- All notices under this Agreement shall be in writing and delivered by email or in writing.
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Each party submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York, and irrevocably waive any right that such party may have to assert the such forum is not convenient or that any such court lacks jurisdiction.
- Subscriber agrees and acknowledges that any breach of the provisions regarding ownership contained in this Agreement shall cause Parlor irreparable harm and Parlor may obtain injunctive relief as well as seek all other remedies available to Parlor in law and in equity.
- Subscriber shall not transfer or assign this Agreement or Subscriber's rights under this Agreement. Any purported transfer or assignment in violation of this section is void. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, permitted assigns and legal representatives.
- The failure of Parlor to exercise its rights under this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of such rights, nor will it in any way affect the validity of this Agreement. The provisions of this Agreement relating to intellectual property ownership, restrictions on use or disclosure of the Services, disclaimers of warranties, limitations of liability and indemnification shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason.
- The U.N. Convention for the Sale of Goods shall not be applicable to this license of the Services to Subscriber.
- The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Under New York Civil Code, New York users of the Service receive the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the New York Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted by telephone at 1-800-771-7755.
Updated May 7, 2012.
© 2012 Parlor.me Inc.